- Unscrew the top nut
- Remove the top
- Empty any remaining salt or pepper
- Turn the mill upside down and pop out the rod by tapping it firmly against a hard surface
- Clean the mill with a dry brush or cloth
- Push the rod back in from the bottom, making sure it goes through the grinder ring until it pops into place
- Fill your mill with salt or pepper
- Put the top back on, MAKE SURE THAT THE METAL KEY CLICKS IN ON THE ROD
- Screw on top nut while pushing up on the rod so it is flush with the bottom of the grinding mechanism
- The tighter the nut, the finer the grind
- CAUTION: Water or moisture can damage the wood finish and affect the performance of the mill.
Filling Your Fletchers’ Mill Pepper or Salt Mill
Cleaning Silicone Tools
- To Clean Silicone Head: Remove the silicone head. Silicone Heads are dishwasher safe.
- To Clean Wood Handles: Clean the handles with a damp cloth and wipe dry. Do not put handle in dishwasher.
Cleaning Rolling Pins
- To Clean: Wipe with damp cloth. Do not wash in dishwasher or submerge in water.
- To Season Your Unfinished Rolling Pin: Clean and dry the rolling pin. Moisten a soft cloth with a quarter-size drop of mineral oil and use to lightly coat the rolling pin. There is no need to apply oil to the handles.